Thursday, November 27, 2008

happy thanksgiving

I'm at a friends apartment in the upper east side, and I've been drunk since 1 in the afternoon. everyone is older than me (friends of my sister Jane's) I've been binging on wine all day and I can see jane brewing up hot spiked cider out of some sort of caldron from where I'm sitting. I've made a 167 song thanksgiving playlist on my ipod and people seem to like it. it's an eclectic mix of hipster tracks and then 90's pop hits ranging from spice girls to TLC. I can promise you there is absolutely no irony attached to my enjoyment of those tracks. seriously. if you don't know all the words to "wannabe" i can gaurantee you that someone you are with today does.

dinner will happen eventually, i'm sure (right? surely they won't al forget about the large turkey wearing kanya west stunna shades in the oven, right?) i expected Julian to make some sort of contact today. He hasn't yet but i'm figuring in the time difference and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

please excuse any typos. I'm totally fucked right now.

regardless, happy thanksgiving to everyone, everywhere.

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: DOWNTOWN TRAINS- TOM WAITS

No comments: